Wednesday, January 02, 2013

For the underdog.

"I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants." Jesus, Matt 11. 

 There is something at work in us that cheers on the underdog. We love a story with an unlikely hero overcoming huge obstacles in spite of himself. I believe that is in us because it is first in God. 

 Directly opposite to the world's system, the Kingdom of God is for the misfit and the unprepared, the small and the not-so-smart. It is for those with no false stage to stand on. We like to trust our knowledge and experience and lean on our goodness and hard work. 

 The Kingdom can only be received by children who have simple faith that nothing can replace falling into the arms of Jesus and finally finding our rest there. 

"Come to me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Jesus, Matt 11.

No comments: