Friday, March 25, 2011

Living the Story #15, Lent 2011

You may notice that I skipped a day. Let me just tell you that yesterday, nothing happened the way it was supposed to...well, almost nothing. It ended well but I was just not able to post. And then I thought I'd get all fancy and link yesterday's reading with today's reading but that doesn't really work. For a creative take on yesterday's reading, might I suggest this post...CLICK HERE.



Today's reading is the story of the angel coming to Mary and letting her know that she will miraculously conceive and bear Jesus into the world. Mary has questions but the angel reassures her. Her simple response of faith is a beautiful legacy to us.

"Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word."
- Luke 1:38

You are probably not a person of great influence. You are probably very limited by your circumstances and hang ups. You are probably insecure and worry about what others think of you. You probably fear the future. You probably worry over money and time.

Nevertheless, God wants to use you to bring Jesus to a dying world.

Let it be to us according to his word. Amen.

No comments: