Saturday, January 24, 2009

You should get this book.



If you have never heard of Andrew Peterson, you need to get to know him. He is a singer/songwriter from the Nashville area who has been hailed as the heir apparent to Rich Mullins. His music is some of my favorite being produced in these days of homogeneous Christian pop. He brings the depth of good theology and a wistfulness that is impossible to fake. His latest CD is called "Resurrection Letters Vol. 2" (Volume 1 is forthcoming) and would be well worth checking out.

He has also published a great first novel called "On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness." This is a work of fantasy that kids and adults will enjoy. A great story wrapped in an imaginative world. It's very funny and made me cry...on an airplane ...next to a very prim and proper older Canadian lady. I didn't want to make a fool of myself but I couldn't put it down.

Well, the audio book is on sale right now in itunes for a whopping $3.95. Just thought I'd let you know. You can get to know Andrew and the creative community around him at the Rabbit Room blog or at andrew-peterson.com

No comments: